- China never backs down in defending sovereignty
- China and India are two developing giants with a wide range of common interests. A sensible bilateral relationship will definitely benefit over two billion people. But Chinese people will never back down in defending sovereignty and no country should underestimate China's resolve.
- PLA determined to safeguard period of strategic opportunity
- Just before the 90th anniversary of the founding of the PLA, top leader Xi Jinping told the parading troops on July 30 at the military training base in Zhurihe in the Inner Mongolia autonomous region that the PLA had to build itself into a world-class elite force that can fight and win. The question is – how can it accomplish that?
- No room to play with fire on Korean Peninsula issue
- Reality has shown that tough tit-for-tat confrontations can lead nowhere, and that only dialogue can help address reasonable security concerns of the related parties for a solution acceptable to all, ensure denuclearization on the peninsula and bring a lasting peace to the entire region.
- New missile a more mobile deterrent
- The military said the new ballistic missile and the older DF-31A, which also appeared in Sunday's parade, represent China's status as a world power and the country's defense prowess. It called them "trump cards" in strategic deterrence.