- US politicians playing 'Taiwan card' biggest threat to regional stability
- It is clear to all that her visit was intended to be a significant and provocative show of support for the secession-desiring Tsai Ing-wen administration on the island. The Democratic Progressive Party has written the pursuit of independence into its party program. Beijing is therefore fully justified in responding in a way that ensures the separatists know the risks they are running in trying to edge the island toward "independence".
- US' one-China policy eroded by Pelosi visit
- The visit last week by the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, to China's Taiwan region was another incremental action that erodes the one-China policy of the US, putting the China-US relations in an "extremely dangerous" state, political experts say.
- Japan's 'sense of insecurity' is of its own making
- Japan has disregarded the serious political commitments to China in the four political documents including the China-Japan Joint Communiqué, which is disloyal. Japan has given up diplomatic autonomy and completely followed in Washington's strategic footsteps, which is unwise. Japan has also failed to make a reflection and learn lessons from history, and instead, it has disregarded regional countries' expectations for peace and stability, which is unethical.
- Tsai has to face truth of the situation
- The secessionist-minded Tsai Ing-wen administration of the island has to swallow the bitter truth that a siege of the island by the PLA would quickly make any attempt at secession futile as the island depends on external sources for almost all its energy and nearly 70 percent of the grains it consumes.
- US using Taiwan card risks imperiling ties
- The Taiwan question was a key subject of the talks. In recent years, thanks to the US' increased strategic competition with China, the Taiwan question has occupied front and center in bilateral relations. The US' strategy is to use the Taiwan question as a lever to counterbalance China.
- "Relying on US" a delusion, "seeking Taiwan independence" a dead end
- US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's rogue visit to China's Taiwan region in disregard of China's strong opposition and stern representations is yet another dangerous provocation by the US to distort, obscure, and hollow out the one-China principle. It also fully exposes Tsai Ing-wen and the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authorities' pernicious intent of colluding with external forces, willingly serving as a pawn, and relying on the US to seek "Taiwan independence".
- Using Taiwan to contain China bound to fail
- Looking through the past century, under the leadership of the Communist Party of China, China has neither backed down in the face of oppression and bullying by foreign powers nor given in to external interferences. Any attempt to obstruct China's complete reunification, delay or even block the historical process of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation will only make the Chinese people more united.
- Pelosi's evil intentions behind toxic Taiwan stunt
- U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited Taiwan earlier this week despite Beijing's strong opposition and stern representations. Out of her self-interests, Pelosi staged such a pure political stunt. Insisting on going to the island, she apparently does not care about harming China-U.S. ties, or putting peace across the Taiwan Strait on the line.
- Six reasons why Pelosi's visit to Taiwan is a mistake
- Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi recently made a provocative visit to China's Taiwan region in disregard of China's strong opposition and serious representations. By visiting Taiwan, Pelosi has made six mistakes: reneging on past commitments, trampling the rule of law, undermining peace, meddling in China's internal affairs, political manipulation and abusing power for selfish purposes. The visit is bound to face the judgement and punishment of history.
- Political parties of various countries firmly support China in safeguarding national sovereignty, territorial integrity
- Political parties of various countries have in recent days lashed out at the visit by Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi to China's Taiwan region and voiced oppositions to U.S. attempts to connive at "Taiwan independence" separatist forces. In messages addressed to the International Department of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, the political parties also voiced their firm commitments to the one-China principle as well as support for China's efforts to safeguard national sovereignty and territorial integrity.
- Foreign envoys express opposition to Pelosi's visit to China's Taiwan
- Ambassadors of multiple countries to China have expressed their firm support for the one-China principle and their opposition to Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi's visit to China's Taiwan region, which they said infringes upon China's sovereignty and territorial integrity.
- DPP authorities to face reckoning of history for relying on U.S. to seek "Taiwan independence"
- When Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi visited China's Taiwan region, Taiwan leader Tsai Ing-wen and the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authorities tried to ingratiate themselves with her, betraying the interests of the Chinese nation. Tsai and the DPP authorities, colluding with external forces for "Taiwan independence" provocations, are pushing Taiwan into danger. Their clumsy performance exposes their political nature of splitting the country.
- China's reunification an unstoppable trend
- The motherland must be reunified, and will surely be reunified. It is the tide of our times that cross-Strait situation will move toward peace and stability. This cannot be stopped by any force or anyone. And the historical trend toward a stronger China, national rejuvenation, and reunification cannot be stopped by any force or anyone either.
- Political parties of various countries strongly oppose Pelosi's visit to China's Taiwan region
- Political parties of various countries on Thursday expressed strong opposition to the visit by Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi to China's Taiwan region. In messages addressed to the International Department of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, the political parties also voiced firm support for China's efforts to safeguard national sovereignty and territorial integrity.