- China to boost security links with continent
- The China-Africa security relationship is a key component of building a community with a shared future between the two sides, ministry spokesman Senior Colonel Wu Qian said at a monthly regular news briefing.
- Chinese air force conducts island patrols
- A Chinese air force formation conducted island patrols recently during a training exercise with an aim of improving the ability to safeguard national sovereignty and territorial integrity, an air force spokesperson confirmed Thursday.
- Countries cautioned on actions in South China Sea
- China on Monday urged countries outside the region to behave with caution and refrain from activities that undermine regional peace and stability, after Japan conducted its first ever peacetime submarine drill in the South China Sea.
- Beijing protests UK naval incursion
- Beijing expressed strong dissatisfaction on Thursday after a naval vessel from the United Kingdom sailed into territorial waters off China's Xisha Islands.
- Officials: Taiwan spy network active
- Taiwan's intelligence agencies have been persuading students from the Chinese mainland studying at universities in Taiwan to provide confidential information to Taiwan's spy network by offering money, relationships and sex, security authorities said.
- Slandering Xinjiang as "no rights zone" against fact
- There is no arbitrary detention in China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, and the view that Xinjiang is a "no rights zone" is completely against the fact, a Chinese official on Monday told the United Nations Committee on the CERD.