- PLA naval drills near Hainan not targeted at any country: defense ministry
- The Southern Theatre Command of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) recently conducted live-fire shooting exercises in waters in proximity to Hainan Province, according to a recent annual training report, and were not aimed at a specific target or country, China's Ministry of National Defense told the Global Times on Friday.
- US military urged to cooperate with China
- The Chinese military hopes the United States can work with China to facilitate exchanges and cooperation, properly manage risks and differences, and allow the military-to-military relationship to become a stabilizing factor for bilateral ties.
- Defense Ministry's Regular Press Conference on Jun. 27
- It is a legitimate right of sovereign countries to deploy facilities and conduct training on their own territories. The Chinese side's actions are lawful, reasonable and fair and relevant parties should not be surprised.
- China opposes US provocation in South China Sea
- A US warship intruded into the waters adjacent to China's territorial islands and reefs in the South China Sea on May 20 without permission of the Chinese government, said spokesman for the PLA Southern Theater Command Monday.