- China sends new naval fleet for escort mission in Gulf of Aden
- The 46th fleet of the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy on Wednesday set sail from a military port in the coastal city of Zhanjiang in south China's Guangdong Province to take over an escort mission from the 45th naval fleet in the Gulf of Aden and the waters off Somalia.
- Armed forces join landslide emergency relief in SW China
- A landslide occurred in Liangshui Village, Tangfang Town, southwest China's Yunnan Province, at around 6:00 am on January 22, which caused 18 houses buried and 47 people missing. Military and militia forces stationed in Yunnan Province rushed to the rescue with all strength.
- Troops rush to Xinjiang for earthquake relief
- A magnitude-7.1 earthquake hit northwest China's Xinjiang at 2:09 am on Jan. 23. Immediately after the earthquake, the PLA Xinjiang Military Command and the PAP Xinjiang Corps launched their emergency response mechanisms for disaster rescue and relief operations.
- Chinese armed forces participate in disaster relief in quake-hit areas
- A 6.2-magnitude earthquake jolted Jishishan County in Northwest China's Gansu Province at 11:59 pm on December 18. After the earthquake, the Chinese PLA Western Theater Command quickly activated the emergency response mechanism and directed troops to carry out disaster relief overnight.
- Int'l counter-terrorism forum "Great Wall-2022" to be held in Beijing
- "Chinese People's Armed Police Force (PAP) is to host the International Forum on Counter-terrorism 'Great Wall-2022' in Beijing from August 30 to 31," said Senior Colonel Tan Kefei, a spokesperson for China's Ministry of National Defense, at a regular press conference on Thursday.