- Dispute reveals conflicting views
- This is the fourth article that I have had published since April elaborating on China's position with regard to the trade dispute with the United States and to call on all parties to support free trade and oppose protectionism.
- China readying for space station era: Yang Liwei
- China is accelerating its timetable for a space station, with the core capsule expected to be launched in 2020, says Yang Liwei, director of the China Manned Space Engineering Office and the country's first astronaut.
- Homegrown rocket engine to halve launch costs
- China recently successfully tested a solid-fuel engine for the new generation of a medium-sized carrier rocket that could provide sufficient propulsion for the development of launch vehicles using strap-on technology.
- Hong Kong, one year after Xi's visit
- President Xi Jinping has instructed central government departments to support Hong Kong's efforts to become an international innovation and technology hub.
- New joint patrol starts on Mekong River
- A new round of joint patrols on the Mekong River with law enforcement personnel from China, Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand started Tuesday, the 71st mission since 2011, to make the border river safer.
- Chinese researchers study feasibility of 1,500 km/h train
- Chinese researchers are conducting a feasibility study of an ultra-fast train capable of traveling 1,500 kilometers per hour, a professor from Southwest Jiaotong University said at the 2018 World Transport Conference on Tuesday.
- China builds alliance to protect Great Wall
- Initiated by Chinese Academy of Cultural Heritage and the China Foundation for Cultural Heritage, the alliance is an open platform initially composed of government departments, non-government organizations, research institutions, private companies, and universities.
- Plane design software needs upgrading
- Chinese experts warn that foreign-developed aircraft design software dominates the world's market, leaving China's aircraft industry vulnerable to foreign manipulation.