- China becomes Cuba's largest trading partner
- The year 2016 saw the first year ever that China became Cuba's largest trading partner with bilateral trade reaching 2.585 billion U.S. dollars, according to a newly released report by the island's statistics, ONEI.
- Chinese scientists probe unexplored Pacific seamount
- Chinese scientists began exploring a seamount called Caroline in the western Pacific Ocean for the first time on Monday, using a remotely operated diving vehicle to take measurements, record videos and collect samples.
- 9 killed in 7.0-magnitude quake in SW China
- Death toll from the 7.0-magnitude earthquake which struck a remote area in southwest China's Sichuan Province Tuesday night has risen to nine, the information office of the provincial government said on Wednesday.