- Significance of the victory in Mosul
- Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Jawad Kadhim al-Abadi arrived in the liberated Mosul, the second largest city in northern Iraq, on July 9, local time, hailing the high spirit of both Iraqi forces and the Mosul people for their significant victory in driving out terrorists of the IS.
- Japan using DPRK issue to beef up military
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is using the rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula to its advantage. The Japanese media are playing up the nuclear and ballistic missile tests by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, making Japanese people more apprehensive of the threat from Pyongyang.
- U.S. military officials visit Pakistan: embassy
- Commanding General of U.S. Army Central Command, Lieutenant General Michael Garrett, led a six-member delegation on a three-day visit to Pakistan this week, the American embassy here said Wednesday.