- Navy sends its most capable combat ship on escort mission
- The Navy began to carry out escort missions in the Gulf of Aden and the waters off Somalia in December 2008. In the past decade, it has sent 106 ships and more than 28,000 naval personnel to escort at least 6,700 Chinese and foreign ships, according to the Navy.
- New counter-terror force in Xinjiang
- The Chinese People's Armed Police have established a new counter-terror special operations unit in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
- China, Singapore hold joint military drill on urban anti-terrorism
- China and Singapore are conducting combat skills training on urban anti-terrorism in Singapore. Over 200 soldiers are participating in the largest joint drill that also is part of the "Cooperation 2019" program. The training started on July 27 and will end on August 5.