- China's 39th naval escort taskforce completes escort mission
- The 39th Chinese naval escort taskforce has safely escorted a Qatari oil tanker, a Liberian cargo ship and Singaporean oil tanker to the designated waters in the Gulf of Aden on December 14, local time, completing the 145,7th escort mission conducted by Chinese Navy in this area.
- PLA soldiers, militia rush to quake-hit Qinghai
- An earthquake of magnitude 6.9, at a depth of 10km, struck the Menyuan Hui Autonomous County in Haibei Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Northwest China's Qinghai Province, at 1:45 am, January 8.
- Thousands of people bid soldiers farewell in China's Henan Province
- Members of the Chinese People's Armed Police Force (PAP) Henan Contingent withdrew from Jun County, Hebi City, central China's Henan Province on August 1, after completing the flood control and disaster relief tasks there. Thousands of local residents spontaneously lined up to see off the troops.
- Positive progress made in anti-terrorism operations in Sahel region
- Jean-Pierre Lacroix, Under Secretary General of the United Nations Department of Peace Operations said on June 5 that the Joint Force of the Group of Five for the Sahel (G5 Sahel) is strengthening the troop construction and has made "substantial and encouraging progress", and an ongoing major military operation, code-named Sama "progressing well".
- China, India stage counter-terrorist drills
- China and India launched a joint counter-terrorism exercise on Saturday not far from the Chinese-Indian border, a move which Chinese experts said will boost the strategic mutual trust of the two countries' militaries.