- China sends new naval fleet on escort mission
- The 37th fleet of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy on Saturday left the port city of Sanya in south China's Hainan Province for the Gulf of Aden and waters off Somalia to escort civilian ships.
- Chinese navy fleet returns from escort mission
- A Chinese navy flotilla returned to the port city of Zhoushan in east China's Zhejiang Province Wednesday after completing its mission of escorting civilian vessels in the Gulf of Aden and waters off Somalia.
- Positive progress made in anti-terrorism operations in Sahel region
- Jean-Pierre Lacroix, Under Secretary General of the United Nations Department of Peace Operations said on June 5 that the Joint Force of the Group of Five for the Sahel (G5 Sahel) is strengthening the troop construction and has made "substantial and encouraging progress", and an ongoing major military operation, code-named Sama "progressing well".
- China, India stage counter-terrorist drills
- China and India launched a joint counter-terrorism exercise on Saturday not far from the Chinese-Indian border, a move which Chinese experts said will boost the strategic mutual trust of the two countries' militaries.