- China sends female demining peacekeepers to Lebanon
- On May 10, the 18th Chinese peacekeeping contingent to Lebanon was inaugurated in an engineering and chemical defense brigade of the PLA 75th Group Army. Three female peacekeepers will perform mine-sweeping operations during the peacekeeping mission in Lebanon.
- China boosts its peacekeeping role
- China's envoy to the United Nations said his country would continue contributing to building UN peacekeeping capacity and honor its commitment to world peace with concrete action.
- Navy fleet escorts four Chinese civilian ships
- On the evening of April 14, two ships from the 31st Chinese naval escort taskforce to the Gulf of Aden successfully escorted four Chinese fishing ships to safe waters after a voyage of more than 500 nautical miles.
- Sino-American troops share disaster training
- The US-China Disaster Management Exchange drew to a close on Saturday in Nanjing, East China's Jiangsu province, after military delegations from both countries trained together in disaster relief work.
- China issues new counterterrorism guideline
- China's counter-terrorism-related ministries jointly issued a guideline on legal procedures and penalty standards for terrorist crimes, which experts predict will deter offenders.