- China sends new naval fleet for escort mission
- The 35th fleet of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy on Tuesday left the port city of Zhoushan in east China's Zhejiang Province for the Gulf of Aden and waters off Somalia to escort civilian ships.
- Missions completed, 32nd Chinese naval escort taskforce returns home
- The 32nd Chinese naval escort taskforce consisting of the guided missile destroyer Xi'an, the missile frigate Anyang and the comprehensive supply ship Gaoyouhu attached to the PLA Navy returned to its homeport in Zhoushan in east China's Zhejiang Province on the morning of October 29.
- Over 1,400 military personnel battle forest fire in China's Xichang
- Firefighters continued to battle the forest fire in Xichang city of Liangshan Yi Autonomous Prefecture, southwest China's Sichuan Province on April 1. Totally 1,400-odd service members plus militias under the Liangshan Military Sub-command were still in the frontline battling the blaze.
- Positive progress made in anti-terrorism operations in Sahel region
- Jean-Pierre Lacroix, Under Secretary General of the United Nations Department of Peace Operations said on June 5 that the Joint Force of the Group of Five for the Sahel (G5 Sahel) is strengthening the troop construction and has made "substantial and encouraging progress", and an ongoing major military operation, code-named Sama "progressing well".
- China, India stage counter-terrorist drills
- China and India launched a joint counter-terrorism exercise on Saturday not far from the Chinese-Indian border, a move which Chinese experts said will boost the strategic mutual trust of the two countries' militaries.